Adobe Lightroom 4.4 Available
Lightroom 4.4 Available for Download
Today Adobe have announced another update to Lightroom 4. Release version 4.4 provides the RAW support for 25 new cameras and several new lens profiles, but significantly provides corrections to the demosaicing algorithms for Fujifilm X-Trans and EXR sensor cameras, so may prove a much welcome upgrade by Fuji camera owners. More information is listed here.
Bug fixes in Lightroom 4.4
Following input from users Adobe have provided the following bug fixes in Lightroom 4.4:
- The crop overlay tool resized incorrectly when used in conjunction with the “Constrain to Crop” checkbox in the Lens Correction panel.
- Background graphics were not correctly rendered within the Book Module.
- Reading metadata from file would sometimes result in keyword and GPS metadata to not save for video files.
- Updated the “Missing File Icon” for HiDPI / Retina displays
- The supplied lens profile for the Sony RX-1 did not contain vignette information.
- Preview in Develop Module was not updated with the latest adjustments.
- Square tile artefacts while painting with brush.
- Previews of photos in portrait orientation were blurry when viewed in the filmstrip in the Develop module. (Mac only).
- Image in Book Disappears After Changing Modules.
- Error changing modules when in Slideshow with second monitor connected.
- Stack badges displayed the wrong count when creating new stack that included a pre-existing stack.
- Local Adjustment Effect (Brushed Adjustment) Disappears (temporarily) After Selecting a Pin (Win only).
- Book changes are not saved after switching between modules.
- The Filter scrollbar within the Library module was not rendering properly.
- Auto-tone was not working properly when used in conjunction with the Exposure adjustment slider. (Win only)
- The Black&White button was not creating a History state within the Develop module. (Win only)
- When switching from image to image, remnants of previous image visible on fringes of new photo. This occurred on Retina screens only.
- RGB colour readouts were specified in the Adobe RGB colourspace rather than the ProPhoto linear colourspace. This occurred when working in Soft Proofing within the Develop module.
- Horizontal artefacts would occasionally appear in DNG files.
- Adding a page behaved inconsistently in the Book module depending on the method used to add a page.
- The state of the “Remove Chromatic Aberrations” checkbox within the Lens Correction was not persistent between sessions of Lightroom.
- Cannot add contacts from Address Book to email on Mac.
- Sliders can no longer be moved on Win by using mouse wheel.